Project: Pennine & Range Court
Sector: Social Housing
Type: High rise refurbishment
The refurbishment of two 15 storey high rise blocks of flats to meet enhanced fire safety standards throughout the buildings.
The scope of works involved the following: – Manufacture and installation of new fire doors,frames and bulkheads to 184no flats including FIRAS Fire accreditation and certification
– Installation of new fire rated electrical and data riser fire doors throughout the buildings
– Internal works including fire compartmentation works to service risers & increased extract ventilation to the flats.
– New lighting and CCTV to all communal areas
– Communal decoration upgrade to all communal areas and stairways
– Decoration to all communal areas and stairways
– Replacement fire glazing and FIRAS accredited works to communal fire doors
The roles and relationships within the overall team were in line with what can be considered a traditional contract delivered through the Re:Allies fire risk and mitigation framework, consisting of the client team (Peaks & Plains Housing Trust & Appleyard & Trew) and the Truline delivery team. The project team was made up of a Contracts Manager, Site Manager, Resident Liaison Officer, directly employed trades operatives and specialist subcontractors as required.
Innovation and best practice
Production of a checklist of requirements, duties and obligations for all stages of the works and shared with collaborating partners, such as suppliers and any subcontractors, ensured all parties operated to common, consistent and systematically checked procedures. A calendar of site Inspections (planned and no notice) and H&S Audits were also carried out throughoutthe duration of works. The works delivered to the doors and risers were undertaken under our FIRAS & CERTIFIRE accreditation to provide full auditable compliance to fire safety regulations for the client.
“Truline are very good to work with, the quality of workmanship and level of service is excellent. Truline’s FIRAS knowledge & experience have been valuable when clarifying the scope of works to improve fire safety in our buildings.”
Tony Crocker, Asset Manager, Peaks & Plains Housing Trust